Entry 7


What I have learned...
I was feeling very bold the past few days and couldn't wait until I had to do some shopping for groceries just so I can pick up some spinach and put it in to a dish. I purchased a box of manicotti a while back and have been searching for an idea on how to make them. I have been watching my favorite cooking shows so I can get some inspiration for the ingredients I would use with the spinach. I found a few recipes online that called for ricotta cheese, having never purchased or used ricotta I thought again I would use what I had. I have cream cheese and I have seen in the past cream cheese used for a pink sauce when making a pasta dish. I am totally freaking out that the mixture of cream cheese and spinach will not taste good. So while the dish is still cooking some things I have learned, well in this case next time I will just go ahead and make the recipe using all the ingredients it lists even the ricotta cheese. Why? Basically so I know what flavors go well with the spinach and what spices to use. I never had to think of this before because I have just always been the type to go for it if I have thought about it long enough. So believe it or not I did make a backup dish because I am absolutely paranoid now about the flavors. If by some miracle my husband likes the dish I can share the recipe with anyone who is interested. Again I am not a professional I am still learning as everyone does, I believe I made a mistake. Here is hoping it turns out well.

Comments

Popular Posts