What's for Dinner???

I am sure most of you have asked yourself that question or someone in your family comes up to you and asks "What's for dinner?". My first thought is crap I gotta come up with something on the spot, what can I make? What do I have? Then it happens, you look in the freezer, you have... pepper mix (stir fry mix with peppers and onions only), chicken and then you look in the fridge and you find cheese and then you find tortilla. YOU KNOW WHAT'S FOR DINNER? NOTHING! Just Kidding :-) I am making Quesadilla with chicken, pepper/onions and cheese. Sounds yummy....

Too bad I already made Quesadilla on Wednesday so today I really wanted to try my shot at chicken and pepper skewers. I know easy right, well for me I have tired it before once and it was a huge mess so I am trying it again which hopefully I will get it right this time. When ever I am unsure about a recipe I usually call up my mom and ask how she does it. My mom is an excellent cook and I am not just saying that because she is my mom. Growing up we had more middle eastern meals, now a days she makes more than your typical middle eastern meals I grew up with. My mom is an experimenter with flavors and techniques, especially after my dad had his heart problem and my sister turned vegan or vegetarian. Either way this meant my family had to get healthy. I may not be there yet with my cooking, but like my mom I love to experiment. I do have to admit at first I was a little scared at the different flavors, mostly if I was able to pair them up correctly.

I wanted to do some slow cooker recipes on here too but unfortunately the inside ceramic pot broke while washing it from the only meal I made in the slow cooker. Anyways back to what is for dinner tonight. My mom has always taught me that it's healthier to have food that is fresh and home cooked instead from the freezer or the box. OOPs.... I have never tired Uncle Ben's boxed rice it's the wild rice, and I was curious as to the taste of it. Usually when it comes to experimenting, I try a boxed version, pick out the flavors or spices and then make my own version of it.

Tonight I am making chicken skewers with peppers and wild rice with salad on the side.

It turned out really good I only had mini peppers but maybe next time I would like to add more than just the peppers and chicken on the skewers. If you want this recipe please leave me a comment below. Thank you and Don't forget to subscribe.

Comments

Popular Posts