Entry 2


What I have learned...

I have started paying attention to the different types of flavors in the dishes I eat. For example majority of the food that my mom made for my family while I was growing up, revolved around lemon juice. That tanginess in the lemon juice was something I absolutely loved as a child. So for my salad dressing the home made salad dressing I love adding a tad bit more lemon juice than oil. Actually because of the lemon juice in the salad dressing I would love adding it on absolutely everything my mom made. Yes I was brought up with dinner and salad on the side. It wasn’t always the same type of salad but we always had salad on the side. I think salad adds something healthy to go along with anything like pasta. I think once I started paying more attention to the flavors, I really feel like I began to figure out and really use common sense as to what goes with what. Just so you know I also started watching a lot of cooking shows and they always flavor everything with the two basic spices salt and pepper. You can’t forget to taste what you make, because that right there can help you determine if something needs more salt or is just way too salty.

Comments

Popular Posts