Baked potatoes and Stuffed zucchini with rice served with salad



I first have to say that these recipes I had found on pinterest.com but after reviewing what I had and what I needed in each of the recipes I decided to change them a bit. I will give you the exact name of the recipe that I found on pinterest.com so you can search for it there and then I will give you my version of the recipe.
The first recipe is the stuffed zucchini with tomatoes and Mozzarella
The second recipe is scalloped hassle back Potatoes (I refer to mine as baked potatoes)
A few days prior to this meal I had made my own pasta sauce to go with my pasta and had some left overs so I just poured it in to a jar and saved it in the fridge.
Ingredients
2 medium zucchini
½ pound of ground beef
half a medium onion(Diced)
4 garlic gloves (Minced)
1 cup of Tomato sauce for pasta
(I used my left over or make your own,but you can use a store bought kind if it's all you have)
*To learn how to make your own I will post how to make your own pasta sauce soon, I just need to get better pictures
(I currently use my phone to take pics of the food and doesn't always turn out the best)



Step 1. Cut each zucchini in fourths so I ended up with eight of them. The first cut will be length wise and then cut again in half side ways. (Sorry I don't have a picture of this)
Step 2. Be careful and using a spoon carve out the inside of the zucchini (you could also do this before cutting them in fourths)
Step 3. In a small pan cook your ground beef until brown
Step 4. Dice the half of a medium onion or just one small onion
Step 5. Mince 4 garlic cloves
Step 6. After the beef has cooked add the garlic and onion
Step 7. You want to cook the garlic and onion just until you start to see that the onion looks clear
Step 8. Add the pasta tomato sauce and just warm it with the beef, garlic and onion
Step 9. In a glass pan line up the zucchini in a row and then fill each one with the ground beef, garlic, onion and tomato sauce
Step 10. add some grated cheese on top and place in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes checking so that the cheese has melted.

I like rice with this I thought it would go very well with the zucchini and the stuffing so that is what I did.
To learn how to make the rice from this recipe go to the Easy Dishes above to find my rice recipe.

The pictures below are from the second recipe called scalloped hassle back Potatoes.
Basically what I did is I took each potato and made a slit through it more than half way, then I stuffed some cheese, and butter in each slit. I didn't have enough cheese so I did every other slit got cheese and the rest got a slice of butter and then I placed the potatoes in a pan and placed it in the oven at 400 for about 45 minutes. I have to admit I didn't have any of the other ingredients for either recipe so I kind of just put what ever I had available on hand at the time.


Of course to stay healthy a bit, between the rice and the potatoes I need to have salad. So that is what I did, I am sorry if it gets boring with the same salad and rice combo I seriously didn't make all these meals all in a row they are spread out through out the weeks so I have tried to make different things.

I would love the hear from you guys and tell me what you think about these recipes.

Comments

Popular Posts