Entry 5



What I have learned…
There is nothing like waking up to an organized and clean kitchen. Cooking is definitely fun; there is no lie to that but what about the cleaning portion. I hate doing dishes with a passion especially after all my efforts with cooking and then cleaning all the dishes. I don’t have a dish washer, because I am the dish washer. I think I have got this figured out, and you would think it’s common sense so I don’t know if it was out of laziness on my part or just the feeling of being over whelmed because of so much dishes to wash by hand. Well no more of this, my mom has always told me especially when you are cooking “always wash everything as soon as you are done with it”. I stubbornly never listened, but now it’s clear to me that my mother the experienced one in the kitchen with 5 mouths to feed (when I was living at home) came up with a process so it wasn’t overwhelming for her. I get it now, it’s really simple. If you use your mixer wash it as soon as you are done with it and put it away. If you have a bowl that you are done with quickly wash it and put it in the drying rack. This would have made sense earlier if I had realized in order to do that you need to have an empty sink. But that’s beside the point right? Anyways what I have learned first from all of this is listen to your mother, because she was in your position long before you were ever born and she had to go through the same or similar things as you do now. With that said a clean, organized kitchen makes me happy and keeps me stress free and it will for you too. At the end of the day cooking should be something that is relaxing and fun, because it’s all new and exciting with endless possibilities.

Note: I promise I will be coming out with a new recipe soon.

Comments

Popular Posts