Entry 4



What I have learned...

In about 2 weeks from now my husband and I are have some friends over for dinner.
I have made dinner for them in the past and it went well, but from my experience I think this time I hope to plan out everything a lot better than previous times before. I feel like it was a disaster only because we started with the salad because dinner wasn't ready and then I didn't make enough salad to go with the meal. I guess what I learned from that is to make enough salad at least to have 2 servings per person and to really plan out, when I start cooking while giving myself enough time in between to relax with my friends and put out some appetizers. Time management is not my best quality but I am working on that. I have two weeks to come up with a meal, I like to make something I have never made before. The first time I cooked for my friends I made lasagna. I was so nervous because I had never made it before that I ran out of sauce to put over the pasta...ooops. Lesson learned next time I will use a smaller pan and increase the quantity of ingredients. The second time they came over I made Kafta with rice and salad, it's basically meat balls shaped in to eggs,cooked in a tomato sauce and served with rice. I love rice what can I say. I have to admit though my mom helped me make this dish, she was so sweet to pretty much do everything for me and all I did was make the rice and salad. Again I was super nervous I would screw it up. There is nothing like wanting to try something new and inviting friends over and then not have the only meal taste good. THAT WOULD TOTALLY SUCK. Thankfully that hasn't happened to me and I hope it never does.
I feel like I am a bit more confident now in my cooking because I have been practicing each day. I absolutely love cooking now.
It's the cleaning after wards that I hate...

Comments

Popular Posts